Wednesday, August 1, 2007

Breakfast topic: Best voiceacting


For the longest time, I didn't even know that WoW bosses actually had voices. It took halfway through BWL for me to finally turn on the sound and listen to what my enemies were saying, and I discovered that some of the voices were actually pretty decent.

There are concurrent threads on the US and EU realm forums about the best raid boss voice acting. There are a lot of different nominees, but some recurring mentions include:

  • C'thun's whispers: "Your friends will abandon you," "you are already dead," "your heart will explode" ... always creepy, especially when you think it's someone in Vent, ask around, and then worry that you're beginning to hear voices.
  • Shade of Aran: "I am not some simple jester! I am Nielas Aran!" Good, heartfelt acting.
  • Anub'rekhan: "I hear little hearts beating. Yesss... beating faster now. Soon the beating will stop." The guy sounds like a serial killer.
  • Ragnaros: He's got the most parodied voice out there. Someone in my guild used to macro Rag and Domo's entire conversation and scare the living hell out of us by making us think we started the event. The best one I've seen so far, though, is "Raganar-Os: The only cereal with a molten core! Two scoops, Executus, two scoops! Taste the flavor of Sulfuron! By fiber be purged!"

What's your favorite boss voice in the game?


all by wow gold | wow money

No comments: